Use everyday pancake mix for something easy and different!
- Medium-sized bowl
- Mixing Spoon
- Cupcake molds or muffin tin
- Sheet tray
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cup Cornman Farms pancake mix
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbl sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbl unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup dried cherries (we love to soak ours overnight in Creme de Cassis)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together milk and egg in a medium bowl
- Gradually add dry pancake mix, sugar and vanilla, whisking until batter comes together.
- Slowly add melted butter, stirring gently for 3 minutes to fully incorporate.
- Fold in cherries (drained if soaked in cassis overnight; save this liquid for later!), chocolate and black pepper.
- Lightly oil or butter the cupcake molds.
- Place 1/4 cup of batter into each cupcake mold.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 18-20 minutes.
- While hot, drizzle each cupcake with 1 tsp of cassis, if used.
- Allow to fully cool and then top with frosting or melted chocolate.