Cornman Farms’ owner, Chef Kieron Hales, shares his recipe for classic British flapjack biscuits! Flapjacks are an easy to make oat bar that are popular in the U.K. Enjoy them with a cup of tea or as a sweet treat after a meal.
Watch Chef Kieron’s video tutorial:
View this post on Instagram
Ready to make an English biscuit? This flapjack recipe is super quick and easy! 🇬🇧 ☕️ 🍪 Set yourself up with some oats, butter, brown sugar, syrup and a bit of black pepper and you are ready to go. Pour yourself a cup of tea and enjoy! . . Full recipe at cornmanfarms.com/journal. Video by @yulia.brown. . . #flapjack #oatbarrecipe #flapjackrecipe #englishbiscuit #britishchef #kieronskitchen #chefkieronhales #zingermans #foodnetwork #foodshow #cookingshow #food52 #breville #brevilleoven #brevillerecipe #f52grams #feedfeed #eaterdetroit #thekitchn #food52 #fwx #foodandwine #buzzfeast #bonappetit #eattheworld #vitamix @breville @lylesgoldensyrup @bobsredmill @zingermanscommunity
- 2 ¼ sticks (250g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (150g) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (20g) corn syrup
- 4 cups (350g) rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon (0.7g) ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Line a 10-inch cake pan with greaseproof paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Add brown sugar and corn syrup.
- Fold in rolled oats and black pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into the cake pan and spread out evenly, patting the mixture flat.
- Place in the middle of the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Rotate the pan and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Place a cutting board on top of the pan and flip it over.
- Using a chef's knife, cut into bars.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate, we may earn from qualifying purchases.
Check out our Yorkshire Pudding recipe or try your hand at making Fish and Chips!