JOB LISTING | DEXTER, MI
Cornman Farms Bartender/Server
8540 Island Lake Rd
Dexter, MI, USA 48130
All hourly employees are also eligible to participate in a shared tip pool.
About Zingerman’s Cornman Farms
Zingerman’s Cornman Farms is a multi-award winning and nationally renowned wedding venue and culinary destination. Cornman Farms hosts effortlessly elegant events tailored to each and every guest. Our unparalleled service, bespoke experiences, and meticulous attention to the smallest details create unforgettable moments for life’s most important occasions. We make the farm feel like home—a place that adds foundation to memories and provides a cornerstone to come back to.
We are not actively seeking servers or bartenders right now, but if you think you’d be great in this role, email us at [email protected]!
- Do you have experience bartending or serving?
- Do you want to be a part of beautiful weddings and other events?
- Do you have a passion for providing excellent customer service?
- Are you available Monday through Friday for small events?
- Do you have a flexible schedule and can work as late as 11:30 p.m.
Our Bartender/Servers are responsible for meeting and exceeding the expectations of all guests.
Bartenders are responsible for the setup and maintenance of bars and beverage stations and cleaning up and breaking down of bars and beverage stations at the end of events.
Servers provide food service for private dining and smaller events throughout the season. While serving, employees will be responsible for delivering great customer service, resolving complaints, setting up and clearing tables as well as related sidework. Experience carrying trays preferred.
This is a fast paced position that will involve constant customer interaction and requires the ability to carry large, heavy objects on a continuous basis throughout a shift.
Occasional, Part-Time hours with possibility of Full-Time employment year ’round
Days and Nights, Week day availability needed, Flexible hours required
$18 per hour.
Note: Bartender/Servers are eligible to participate in the Cornman Farms hourly tip pool along with porters, producers, concierges, grounds and administrative assistant.
Managing Partners (also reports to any manager while on shift)
- Delivers the Zingerman’s experience to all guests, including consistently going the extra mile and following the 5 Steps to Handling a Customer Complaint
- Sets up and breaks down portable bars and beverage stations at events
- Pours and serves beers and wines and mixes cocktails (measured pours)
- Serves drinks and/or food at events
- Abides by all laws in relation to serving alcohol including ensuring guests are not over served
- Assists with all functions at catering events as needed – setting up, tearing down, replenishing food, serving, cleaning
- Keeps the workspace clean, organized and sanitized
- Takes direction from the Event Lead or any manager on duty while working events
- Meets and exceeds all expectations of servicing and/or bartending event
- Responds quickly to requests from guests, co-workers, supervisors and managers while being accurate, polite and enthusiastic
- Follows up to ensure guest needs are met and exceeded
- Maintains a professional image at all times through actions and appearance
- Conducts all business in accordance with Zingerman’s Guiding Principles and Bottom Lines
- Is timely and accurate in completing all assigned responsibilities
- Gives exceptional service to all customers at our events
- Completes training requirements in a timely manner
The Success Patterns for this position are:
- Has experience working in the foodservice/hospitality industry
- Has previous bartending and/or serving experience, preferably in a banquet setting
- Is TIPS, TAM or ServSafe Alcohol Certified (preferred)
- Can have a flexible schedule with an ability to work shifts on an on-call basis
- Able to work late nights
- Is able to follow directions in the moment, under time pressure, with a smile
- Can work long shifts that require standing/walking/bending throughout shift
- Has excellent communication skills
- Has the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and stay focused.
- Stays well organized with a strong attention to detail
- Can safely lift and carry 50 pounds and move product up and down stairs
Successful Candidates will have the following Personal Characteristics
- Has a reputation for giving great service to guests and co-workers
- Is passionate about great food and great service
- Is self-motivated, but is also comfortable asking for help
- Has strong interpersonal skills
- Is good at problem solving
- Works very effectively as part of a team
One of the best things about working at Corman Farms is the community. You work with some of the most amazing people you will ever meet and learn so much while doing so. It is also one of the most beautiful event spaces I have ever been to.Current kitchen porter
MANAGING PARTNERS KIERON HALES & TABITHA MASON WROTE THIS PICTURE OF SUCCESS IN 2017. WE SHARE IT HERE TO GIVE YOU A GLIMPSE INTO WHO WE ARE AND WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO US.
“The sun is shining and the air is crisp – a beautiful day at Cornman Farms. It has been over 10 years now since the first event was held at the farm. We relish our decade of memories, recalling the joy and wonder our many guests and employees have experienced: First taking in our manicured lawn and lovingly restored red barn (so welcoming against the green farm backdrop), smelling the rich soil as it’s tilled in preparation for planting season, reveling in the peals of laughter from generations of family playing lawn games together, the wonder of the first time really feeling the heft of a ripe heirloom tomato or the wooly caress of a sheep.
It’s this poetry of the senses that first communicates we are different (real!) and the delight of this discovery is immediate and intense. To us, this is part of providing the Zingerman’s experience. Our connection with our guests extend beyond the event or the day itself. We are a part of the memories being made and they have become part of our family and we part of theirs.
Employees, Partners and guests alike respect the roots that have been here for decades and we are all thrilled to be able to plant our own. Coming to Cornman Farms is like coming home.”