JOB LISTING | DEXTER, MI
Cornman Farms Event Administrator
8540 Island Lake Rd
Dexter, MI, USA 48130
Full Time Regular
About Zingerman’s Cornman Farms
Zingerman’s Cornman Farms is a multi-award winning and nationally renowned wedding venue and culinary destination. Cornman Farms hosts effortlessly elegant events tailored to each and every guest. Our unparalleled service, bespoke experiences, and meticulous attention to the smallest details create unforgettable moments for life’s most important occasions. We make the farm feel like home—a place that adds foundation to memories and provides a cornerstone to come back to.
2021 is going to look different than years past. Events are going to be smaller. Masks will be worn. We will be social distancing. And yet 2021 & beyond will still bring happy couples coming to us for one of the most important days of their lives. Read about our current COVID precautions HERE.
We are looking for a passionate, extremely focused individual with a strong work ethic who wants to become an integral member of the Cornman Farms Team.
Working shifts each week as both administrative assistant and event producer, this individual will be responsible for creating an amazing experience by coordinating all the necessary details to create a truly memorable event! Along with event planning, this role will provide outstanding service to customers by answering questions, handling complaints and facilitating event bookings. This role requires great attention to detail, patience, flexibility and the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor at all times.
Full time (30-40 hours a week). Weekends and flexible schedule required.
$16 per hour.
- Answer the Cornman Farms telephone line and email inbox and initially respond to general questions and wedding and corporate event inquiries
- Provides Guest tours and actively works to achieve bookings and sales goals
- Offer inquiries the best options based on their estimated guest count and other information provided
- Handle orders, payments and changes for retail purchases and publicly ticketed events
- Gives exceptional service to all Guests at our events
- Works closely and regularly communicates with other Zingerman’s business event staff working on events (caterers, etc.)
- Actively manages the post-event Guest experience – acknowledges anniversaries, birthdays and other extra mile actions for client relations
- Supports Cornman Farms principles in Lean Management and continuous improvement
- Documents Guest feedback
- Handle administrative tasks associated with event booking, including scheduling tours, customer communications, estimate creation, contract development, online invoicing, and deposit collection
- Assemble sales packets and informational materials for tours
- Perform other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing, collating and scanning
- Assists with maintaining Cornman Farms calendars and scheduling
- Creates, maintains and improves task card systems and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for office related work
- Identifies and implements process improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy through the planning process and event execution
- Participates in open book management by owning event revenue related lines on Cornman’s P&L (profit and loss) sheet; includes forecasting the annual budget and keeping costs in budget
- Attends meetings and Staff huddles (meetings)
- Conducts all business in accordance with Zingerman’s Guiding Principles and Bottom Lines
- Completes Training Passport within the stated timeframes and continues to live the Training Compact
Event Planning Responsibilities
- Supports the Guest in all aspects needed for planning their event such as:
- Vendor Coordination
- Catering Referrals
- Beverage selection
- Rentals, table/chair set-up and day of event assistance
- Creates and maintains event day details, workable floor plans and rental documents and communicates these timely with other Cornman Farms Events Staff as needed
- Provides day-of support for events – primarily as client support
- Explains the rental items and options that Cornman Farms offers
- Discusses layout options create floor plans events
- Actively sells package upgrades
- Acts as full wedding planner for intimate weddings, including:
- Over-see time management of the entire event (ceremony, processional, recessional, cocktail hour transition, grand entrance, speeches, dancing, cake cutting, bouquet toss, toasts, etc.)
- Prompt the MC and vendors
- Troubleshoot and ensure quality control of set up, including personalized details and décor
- Run processional/recessional and music for ceremony and first dances
- Refresh beverage station as needed (prepares coffee, puts out glasses, etc.)
- Assist with events coordination and setup/breakdown as needed
- Acts as wedding concierge when needed
- Serve as a host/server during special functions (Farm Dinners, scheduled tours, etc) if needed
One of the best things about working at Corman Farms is the community. You work with some of the most amazing people you will ever meet and learn so much while doing so. It is also one of the most beautiful event spaces I have ever been to.Current kitchen porter
MANAGING PARTNERS KIERON HALES & TABITHA MASON WROTE THIS PICTURE OF SUCCESS IN 2017. WE SHARE IT HERE TO GIVE YOU A GLIMPSE INTO WHO WE ARE AND WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO US.
“The sun is shining and the air is crisp – a beautiful day at Cornman Farms. It has been over 10 years now since the first event was held at the farm. We relish our decade of memories, recalling the joy and wonder our many guests and employees have experienced: First taking in our manicured lawn and lovingly restored red barn (so welcoming against the green farm backdrop), smelling the rich soil as it’s tilled in preparation for planting season, reveling in the peals of laughter from generations of family playing lawn games together, the wonder of the first time really feeling the heft of a ripe heirloom tomato or the wooly caress of a sheep.
It’s this poetry of the senses that first communicates we are different (real!) and the delight of this discovery is immediate and intense. To us, this is part of providing the Zingerman’s experience. Our connection with our guests extend beyond the event or the day itself. We are a part of the memories being made and they have become part of our family and we part of theirs.
Employees, Partners and guests alike respect the roots that have been here for decades and we are all thrilled to be able to plant our own. Coming to Cornman Farms is like coming home.”