Chef Kieron’s homemade butterscotch pudding recipe is sweet, salty and just plain delicious. Treat yourself with this delightful dessert!
Watch Chef Kieron’s video tutorial:
View this post on Instagram
Chef Kieron’s homemade butterscotch pudding recipe is sweet, salty and just plain delicious. Treat yourself with this delightful dessert! . . Full recipe at cornmanfarms.com/journal. Video by @yulia.brown. . . #butterscotchpudding #butterscotch #butterscotchrecipe #englishrecipes #kieronskitchen #britishchef #chefkieronhales #zingermans #cornmanfarms #foodnetwork #foodshow #cookingshow #igtvcooking #lecreuset #f52grams #feedfeed #eatervideo #thekitchn #fwx #foodandwine #buzzfeast #bonappetit #eattheworld @lecreuset @lecreusetuk
- 6 tablespoons / ¾ stick (80g) salted butter
- 1 ½ cup (250g) dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (10g) vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup (300g) heavy cream
- 2 ½ cups (550g) whole milk
- 4 (80g) egg yolks
- ¼ cup (40g) corn starch
- 2 teaspoons (5g) kosher salt
- In a saucepan, add heavy cream and vanilla. Bring to a simmer over moderately low heat, then remove from heat.
- While cream is heating, in a heavy saucepan melt butter over moderate heat and stir in brown sugar. Cook sugar mixture, stirring occasionally, until mixture is bubbling all over and appears smooth, about 10 to 15 minutes. It should reach a temperature of 285F.
- Carefully add warm cream (mixture will bubble and steam) and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until sugar mixture is dissolved, about 1 minute. Remove pan from heat.
- In a large metal bowl or in the top of a double boiler, whisk together milk, yolks, cornstarch, and salt.
- Add warm butterscotch mixture in a slow stream, whisking constantly.
- Cook pudding, whisking constantly, for 10 minutes, or until it begins to thicken (or reaches 193F).
- Remove from heat, whisking occassionally.
- Place the bowl over ice. Cover with a layer of cling film and place in the fridge for one hour.
- Serve as is, or with a sprinkle of sea salt.
As an Amazon Associate, we may earn from qualifying purchases.