(Last updated 6/01/21)
Dear friends of the farm,
Thank you so much for your support and kind words. It means so much to us that we have survived the past 14 months, that no staff got sick at work, that we followed the guidelines and kept our guests and vendors safe and that science shows it is now safe to gather again. We cannot wait to see you at the Farm soon.
Kieron Hales and Tabitha Mason, Managing Partners
Current Event Precautions
All Cornman Farms staff will be wearing masks as part of their uniforms through the end of June. Masks will be required on tours and walkthroughs for June also. Masks are not required at events.
We’ve got it! Some couples are getting creative with wipes and sanitizer, which you may do, but know that isn’t necessary. We’ll have hand sanitizer throughout all of the property, especially in areas where guests are entering and exiting and on the bar.
We no longer have to keep socially distant! We are able to seat more than 6 guests at a table again and tables no longer need to be 6 feet apart.
As of the latest order from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS), we are required to collect the names and phone numbers of all guests in attendance at events.
Dancing is allowed and dancing in the barn will be permitted.
Clear plexiglass dividers will separate staff and guests at the bar.
To ensure the safety of our guests and staff members, we continue to rigorously follow and exceed Food Safety Laws to ensure we have a clean and safe environment and kitchen. For example:
- Our staff members strictly follow food handling standards, from hand washing to glove usage.
- We regularly sanitize all staff areas.
- We are safety trained and our executive chef is a Servsafe certified food safety manager.
Sanitation & Staff Safety
We carefully follow guidelines and directives from the CDC and industry experts. We have heightened our protocol on all sanitation efforts, and will have ongoing education with our staff on the preventative measures being continuously updated by the CDC regarding food, food handling and safety. Additional measures during this time of heightened awareness include:
- Every employee takes a COVID-19 risk assessment before beginning work.
- Staff members who are working wear masks and gloves, and work at stations 6 feet apart from one another.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting the property with antibacterial and antimicrobial solutions.