Our beverage team’s take on this classic cold-weather cocktail, featuring our own spice blend to bring out the most flavor in your mulled wine.
- 3 bottles of red wine
- 5.5 oz. fresh squeezed orange juice (pulp removed)
- 4 oz. Apple Brandy (Cognac, Calvados or any brandy will work)
- 1 apple sliced
- 1 orange sliced
- 16 oz. simple syrup (1:1 ratio of water to demerara sugar)
- CMF Spice Pack Mace, 1g Cardamom, 1g Cinnamon, 1g Cloves, 1.25g Star anise, 1g Juniper berries, 1.25g
- Add all ingredients to a large pot, including the spice pack* which you can tie to the handle of the pot.
- Bring to a simmer and let simmer for about an hour. DO NOT BOIL.
- To serve immediately, remove spice bag from liquid and serve warm to hot with a swatch of orange in glass.
- For best results, let cool and transfer to a refrigerator friendly container. Refrigerate anywhere from 2 hours to 5 days to infuse the liquid with the flavors from the spices. Heat up to 160 degrees F when ready to serve.
*If you are not using a spice pack, first lightly toast the spices in a sauté pan until fragrant (this brings out the flavor). Then, add the toasted spices into the pot with all ingredients and strain before serving.