Looking for a delicious addition to your summer picnic? Well look no further! Chef Kieron shares his new recipe for Pesto Pasta Salad featuring our Basil Pesto Sauce that is grown and made fresh at the farm!
- Large pot
- Large bowl
- Saute pan
- Large spoon
- Large serving bowl
- 1/2 package (95g) of Cornman Farms Basil Pesto Sauce
- 1/2 Packet (170g) Bonnetti noodles
- 4 qt of water
- 2 tablespoons (20g) kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons (26g) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (120g) freshly shucked peas or defrosted and drained frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon (18g) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (30g) freshly grated strevchio
- 1/4 cup (34g) pine nuts, toasted
- 1 ball of mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon (2g) kosher salt for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon (2g) freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
- Place a large pot on the stove with 4 qt of water.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of kosher salt.
- Add the pasta and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and place in a large bowl.
- Place a large saute pan on medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Now add the fresh peas and cook for 2 minutes. If using frozen peas, skip the cooking time.
- Add the pesto sauce and lemon juice to the pan and remove from heat, stir gently.
- Add the stravecchio cheese, toasted pine nuts and the sliced mozzarella.
- Mix well, then taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve at room temperature.
Want to make sure you’re using the perfect frying potatoes? Use a brine test! First, dissolve 90g of salt into each 1 kg of water and drop your potatoes in. Good frying potatoes should sink in this weak brine. (Those that float are too wet.) Now dissolve 120g of salt into 1 kg of water. Good frying potatoes should float in this strong brine. (Those that sink are too dry.)